Twitter Expert/Academic Connect Assignment Reflection

At school, we had an assignment for digital citizenship (technology class). We had to tweet and ask 10 experts on our genius hour project (mine was abortion). Part 1 of the assignment, was to follow at least 10 people who are professors/authors/experts in my chosen field on Twitter and mention them in a tweet. Part 2 of the assignment was to send a tweet to 10 experts. Here is a list of the people I tweeted and what I asked them.

• @HG_rights (women’s rights activist) “I see that you are for women’s rights. What is your opinion on abortions?”
  • @WholeWomans (women’s rights activist) “Are you for or against abortion? What are your thoughts on it?” & “If a woman was raped, do you think that she has the right to abort it or not?”
  • @All4HumanRights (human rights activists) “Since you’re pro-human rights, what is your opinion on abortion?”
  • @WomensRights (women’s rights activist) “Do you feel like illegalizing abortion is limiting women’s rights?”
  • @ItsFeminism (feminist) “What’s your opinion on abortion?”
  • @_raulsons (feminist) “As a feminist, do you feel as if abortion should be allowed or not?”
  • @pplaction (planned parenthood) “Do you think abortion should be legal?”

If you look closely, I have only put 7 accounts on there, and the reason is because two of them got offended by my question and blocked me, so I’d rather not put their accounts to not cause trouble.

Considering I did this all last night, only one of them replied. @_raulsons replied: “i think every woman should have the right to have an abortion if she wants to, and she shouldn’t be attacked for it if she does”, which I completely agree with. I have no idea how to reply to that, so when I think of one, I’ll definitely reply!

I feel like getting different opinions from different perspectives, I will definitely benefit for my genius hour. My genius hour is based completely on half facts, but mostly opinions. I can use this process future in school by asking experts questions on my homework/projects.

All in all, it was a fun experience that I’d do again if I had the chance!

Be First to Comment